Thursday, November 20, 2008

GYM BAIT

I found a new bait to get my kids to agree to go to the child center at the gym while they are off track:











They discovered the rock climbing wall and THEY LOVE IT! After I work out, I pick up the girls, leaving Charlie in the child center, and take them to the wall. It's been great for them too because they have had to work at getting to the top where they ring a big bell for all to hear. Now both Haily and Paige can reach the top of all the courses. I usually go in the morning and the rock wall is usually open at night, but shhh, don't tell my kids that. Everyday I say, you can climb the wall if it's open. And everyday they get excited and come along willingly.

I started feeling bad so last Saturday Jon and I both took the kids solely for the purpose of climbing the wall. Charlie isn't allowed in the rock climbing area for safety reasons so Jon and I took turns pushing him on the scooter.


He also liked to sit on the edge of the climbing wall area and watch. To keep him there, we would give him Tic Tacs. He dropped one in the black rubber chips that cover the floor. As he picked it up and put it back in his mouth, he also got a handful of the chips. Jon started shouting, "Get the black guys out! They are yucky! Get the yucky black guys out!"
What makes this incident more funny is that right behind him was an entire team of big, mostly black, basketball players. WHOOPSY!

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! Brad did a climbing wall once and loved it. I wish our town had a fun rec center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fun! Call us next time you guys go we'll tag along. That is hilarious what jon said! And of all the times to have said it!

    ReplyDelete