Wednesday, November 5, 2008

2 funny things

#1: When Haily got home from school today she told me that a boy in her class got in trouble today. "What did he do?" I asked.
"He wouldn't stop talking to his neighbor when he was doing his homework."
"What did your teacher do?"
"She took a picture of him with his head down to show his mom."

Now, your guess is as good as mine as to whether or not that is actually the teacher's form of punishment. But the images in my head have had me laughing all night.
(teacher) "Put your head down on the desk! Keep it down! When your mother sees this she will know you were naughty today!"
or "Hang your head low, like you are really ashamed. That's it. Now frown a little. Not too sad, then people will just feel sorry for you. More like a whiney frown. There it is. Now your mom will see that you did something shameful."

#2: Paige brought home a book that she wrote today. It's called "My ot Book" because it's filled with words that have the "ot" sound in them. This page had me snickering:
"My sister has a hot potato
My brother got mad
My mom got a shot gun
For my dad"
Oh, how dysfunctional does this make our family sound? One child getting burned by scalding food. Another raging with sibling rivalry, probably because he isn't getting fed. And the mother solves these problems by retrieving the shot gun for the dad. Nice. But notice the ABCB rhyme pattern? I am so proud.

2 comments: