Sunday, November 23, 2008

COLDPLAY

As an early Christmas gift, my parents gave all my siblings and me (along with our spouses) tickets to the Coldplay concert! We had been looking forward to it for months and finally, this is how the night unfolded:

First, some of us went to eat at Mimi's while others of us stayed home to watch some hyped up college football game.





After eating, we took the Trax to the ESA. Here we are waiting in the chilly night for the train. I personally love riding the Trax. Probably because I don't do it very often! But it sure beats driving and parking downtown. Plus there are plenty of interesting people to spy on for entertainment along the way.

Me, Richelle, Suzanne, Annie (doesn't she look cute!), Devan, Ben, and Sarah.




I had my first experience as a ticket scalper! We had an extra ticket and I had to stand outside and try to sell it. My kind and thoughtful brother Ben and his girlfriend Sarah stayed out there with me so I wouldn't be alone. After some time I found a nice guy who bought it, thank goodness.

The opening band was called Sleeper Car but I missed most of their act. Then there was this guy who played the keyboard along with a WEIRD animation video. I think I would've enjoyed it more if I had had a little chemical help...if you know what I mean! It was interesting. Dave and Shelle said the keyboard guy reminded them of a Friends episode in which Ross gets really into playing the keyboard.











Here is Chris Martin on the piano. My favorites were Viva La Vida (of course) and Fix You. We all called my parents on their different phones during Viva La Vida so they could hear it.

The seats were scattered all around. I sat with Shelle. Annie, Dave, Devan, and Annie's friend were dead center on the floor 7 rows back! And Jon was to the left of the stage in the railing of the lower bowl!









For a couple songs they went up into the crowd! It was the top of the lower bowl. So awesome!




















Here they released a ton of confetti butterflies! It was so beautiful! I caught a few to take home to the kids.















Here we all are after the show.



















And Ben and Devan on the Trax ride home.















These are the butterflies that I brought home to the girls. They like to arrange things...














It was quite the night. Thanks mom and dad! And thanks to ALL my family for being so awesome and fun to hang out with.

1 comment: