Saturday, December 20, 2008

Piano Recital

This morning was Paige's first piano recital! She has been taking lessons for about 4 months. She is a very driven and self-motivated person and that trait translates over to piano! She really is good. We've already experienced the "I don't like piano!" and the "I want to quit!" but we keep encouraging her to develop this talent and someday she will be as good as Keane, Coldplay, or Grandma Deanie!
Paige does have some stage fright and had a few incidences of crying and saying she didn't want to do the recital. But I gave her some good luck earrings and Jon bribed her with a "prize" after she did it. So, she pulled through!
Her teacher has a point system for each lesson and she gave out prizes after the recital. Paige got 2nd place and won $4.00!
We are very proud of you, Paige! Keep up the good work!
(Make sure you stop the "Finetune" blog music so you can hear the video!)

5 comments:

  1. great job! Loved her kicking her feet while she played.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a cutie. I can't believe how old our kids are getting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maili says "I thought paige was really good. I can't wait to take lessons too!"

    Way to go Paige! I hope Maili gets to be as good as you and practices just as hard! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Paige! We got your Christmas card this week, it turned out so cute!!! THank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for inviting US!
    She's adorable--but I have to say she was pretty awestruck by my guitar tonight. Hope I didn't curb her enthusiasm for the piano!
    :)
    And Thank You for "Grown Man" playing when I went to your blog tonight.

    ReplyDelete