Monday, December 15, 2008

Bethlehem, Snow, and Santa




Here was our weekend:
Saturday morning was our ward Christmas party themed, "Back to Bethlehem". I have to say the activities committee went ALL OUT and it was amazing!



Here are Mary and Joseph in the nativity.











This was the bread shop where there was a delicious selection of breakfast breads.














This was the shop where all the kids could make an ornament.
















And this was the butcher shop where they served eggs and ham.















When we came home it was snowing and they kids were excited to play in it. So, we bundled them all up and sent them out. Some of the neighbors came over too.





















































Obviously, all my kids like to eat the snow! Poor Charlie! This is what he looked like when he came back inside:




I think frostbite was starting to set in. He made a fast recovery and never seemed to mind.











Then Sunday night was the Askerlund family Christmas party. After a delicious meal, Santa came to bring each child a gift!



Charlie was excited and not scared at all. He got a little Spiderman riding a 4-wheeler. He LOVES it! (And it's a "boy" toy!)














Haily surprised us by asking Santa for a hamster! I guess Fiona really made an impression.




















Paige asked for a DS. She and Haily both got little txt messagers. They love em'! And I think it's great for reading and writing practice!













After the kids were done, and Santa left, the adults had a white elephant swap. I must say that the gift I brought was the hit of the party! Jon and I had gone Christmas shopping at Mervyns which is going out of business so they were selling everything! When I saw it, I knew we had to have it! And I bargained it from $20 down to $5! Jon was SO embarrassed to be seen walking around the store with it. I had to carry it and he stayed about 10 feel ahead of me. But it was so worth it.




Someone else already bought the top half so it was just the legs...and bum.

















It finally feels like Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes.

    What has a bottom at it's top?

















    A leg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you made him carry it through the store-that makes it worth the $20 it was supposed to cost!:) Great white elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Charlie, I love the picture of him. And great white elephant gift:)

    ReplyDelete