Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Summer Days

Summer is winding down around here and way too soon in my opinion! I do have to admit that I enjoy the routine that has forced its way into my days. No more lounging around all morning in pjs without makeup. I need something to get me out of bed in the morning and get me started, and darn it, coffee isn't an option! So, here are some photos that are my tribute to the summer of 2008!

What would summer be without ice cream all over your face? This is Paige returning from her first long day of 1st grade. I couldn't get a close up so the photo is fuzzy. Of course, she is loving school!
Haily waiting for the bus on her first day of Kindergarten. I'm not sure why she is wearing floods but we hadn't done school shopping yet, it was the middle of July for crying out loud! (And we still haven't, we are waiting for fall weather!)



And here she is boarding the bus. Paige is looking back making sure she is doing it right. I tried to get Haily to turn around but she was worried she would make the bus late!We followed the bus to school to watch Haily get off and make sure she got to the right place. This is her inside the kindergarten playground. I can't help notice that it looks a bit like prison. And also the boy in the background wiping tears from his eyes! Poor guy! And I really feel bad for his mother. That is tough to say goodbye when your child is so sad.

This is the video of the girls walking from the bus to the playground. It takes about 20 seconds before you can really see them. What you can't see is that Paige had her arm around Haily! So sweet! (and rare!) You'll also notice Charlie is carrying his own "book bag". When the bus came he went marching off towards it and said "Bye mom!". How he idolizes his big sisters!








This other video is Haily learning to ride a bike. Such a funny contrast from Paige! It really speaks to their personalities. Paige decided when she was 4 that she HAD to learn to ride a bike and was relentless in keeping Jon out there until she got it down. She was determined to learn in one day. Haily hasn't been interested so we kept trying to encourage her. Finally she agreed to give it a try. She had a smile on her face and a constant giggle! She did 3 or 4 runs and had gone about 10 seconds without Jon holding on when she announced that she now knew how to do it and there was really no need to continue with this exercise. I don't know if she has gotten back on the bike since but according to her she knows how!





These pictures were so cute I had to post them! Jon had to go to Park City for work one evening so we tagged along and went out to eat. It was a beautiful summer night with a gentle mountain breeze. Haily was quite the model, coming up with all kinds of darling poses. (I think she had a lot of fun with Katie who did a photo shoot with my kids. Check it out on her blog http://kevansphotography.blogspot.com/ under "what a happy crew"!)


And that's it...one more summer has come and gone!

4 comments:

  1. Fun summer pics! Cooper would be jealous that Paige gets to ride the bus. He thinks that is so cool. You have some CUTE kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that's not an arctic circle ice cream Charlie's eating.
    And are those kids with picket signs inside the Kindergarten playground in the background of Haily's jail photo?
    I'm glad Paige is enjoying school. I wish I could say the same for Taylor:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have had lots of fun this summer! Your kids are so beautiful, and so very photogenic! I love Hailey's poses, too cute. I will see you at the shower on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you are old enough to have 2 kids in school! :) I loved the one of Haily in Jail. I remember feeling like it was jail sometimes. I can remember hating that I had to wake up early for school and I would look at my Mom and think, I can't wait until I'm a Mom and I can just do whatever I want all day long! Now I'm a mom and I'm still not able to do whatever I want!

    ReplyDelete