Tuesday, August 5, 2008

15th Annuel Olsen Family Reunion

Every summer the first weekend of August we have a family reunion in Cache Valley with the Olsen clan. I am of the 4th generation and enjoy this opportunity to reconnect with a part of my roots. It's a great feeling of belonging to something much bigger than yourself. I am always in awe at how many lives have sprouted from the original 2; Dewey and Leah. What a great family! I am so grateful to be a part of it!
Saturday afternoon we kicked off the festivities with a bowling tournament. (Usually it's golf but they switched things up this year.)

Here is Suzanne with Paige, Haily, and Noah. Haily got the highest score out of our two lanes!










Here is Charlie trying to get in on all the action. And Hannah with Shelle enjoying the fun.



















Charlie was wiped out from a full day! He crashed at Dave and Shelle's.





The next day we had a delicious brunch at the park where we enjoyed food, an auction, and some got a little wet on the giant slip n slide. There was a lot of buzz within the family about the celebrity among us! My mom's cousin's daughter Rhiannon was a finalist on the reality show Legally Blond; search for the next Elle Woods. She auctioned off a pair of tickets to the show in which she has a supporting role! It was the highest ticket item followed closely by my mom's quilt. I think my sister and I have her convinced to start an online business so watch for the link soon!











Here is Paige enjoying the slide. She is such a daring girl!









Dave definitely won the prize for best farmer tan. Come on it's Cache Valley, what do you expect?












Charlie and I are watching the sliders.









Haily squirming down the slide.

No comments:

Post a Comment