Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Hailyisms

I love Haily! It amazes me the things she comes up with. I am constantly giggling. Tonight we spent a good amount of time in the car running around and she was very talkative. Here are a few things I did not want to forget.



Haily: "Mom I am really smart. Kylee (our 4 year old neighbor) said that dinosaurs live in England. Isn't that funny?! But I said, no, they live in Heaven! Right mom, they live in Heaven?"
Me: "Yeeeeah." (uncertain as I had never pondered the question before)
Haily: "Yeah, they do. Kylee's not really smart. Well, she knows like one thing."



Haily: "Mom, will I ever be bigger than Paige?"
Me: "Probably not. You'll be about the same size when you are teenagers but she'll always be older."
Haily: "Maybe when Paige is older and I'm a little older Paige will be nice to me. Maybe. Just maybe..."
Me: "Well Paige can be nice to you now. She is trying to learn to do better. And she only has about a year until she's 8 and she'll be baptised so she'll really have to try harder to choose the right." (that last comment was more for Paige's benefit)
Haily: "Yeah, like Nick (her cousin). He got baptised and now he's nice. Even to Addy. (his sister)



Haily: "Mom am I going to die?"
Me: (trying to be careful and honest at the same time) "Well, everyone dies sometime. We don't live forever."
Haily: "Well, I don't want to die today. Or tomorrow or the next day..."
Me: "you won't"
Haily: "Yeah, I won't. You might but I won't. I'll make it home."


Me: "Shoot. I just missed the freeway exit!"

Haily: "I know a way. There was a little road back there. But there was a sign that said, Danger! Don't go this way or you'll run right into the mud. And you'll get stuck in the mud."

I need to record these on a more regular basis. Watch for more "Hailyisms" posts to come!

4 comments:

  1. She is hilarious! Where do they come up with this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way too cute! Those are some of the most important things to write down. I think. The kids will love em when they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!! It is good to right them down, I always forget.

    I LOVE the NKOTB song...Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a doll, I dont think I have ever seen a cuter little girl. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete