Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recent Happenings.

Making Money.
My kids are entrepreneurs. They have sold things from the classic lemonade to Otter Pops, to rocks. Their latest venture was artwork. They would create a masterpiece, put it in a grocery sack, hop in their Power Wheels, and go door to door selling the art for a quarter a piece.

Next, they choreographed a dance performance that consisted of 3 numbers. They made invitations that read:



"Please come to a dance show. When: Tues at 7:30. Where: in the circle. The dancers will be: (their names along with their neighbor friend) We are trying to make money. We will put a bucket out and you can put money in if you want.


They then delivered the invitations to EVERYONE in our circle, including those that I think may have been annoyed by the whole thing. After the deliveries had been made, they told me the plan!


Thankfully, it got rained out and they haven't brought it up since.


Cupcake Cousins Cooking Club.
The kids like to get together with their cousins when they are off track and have a cooking club. We made a giant cupcake with the new cereal "Cupcake Pebbles". I think it was more fun to make than it was to eat!

Here is a yummy and cute carrot cake I made! When Paige noticed the orange flecks inside the cake she asked what they were and all the kids were astonished to learn that carrot cake actually has carrots in it!


Easter Clothes.

Skiing one last time.




Naps.


I found Charlie napping like this:
and like this:


Tulips.


Charlie, my mother-in-law Julie, and I went to the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point with Charlie's playschool class. There were 250,000 bulbs planted! These were one of my favorites:





Soccer.

The girls started Spring soccer. They are on the same team and Jon is helping coach! They won their first game!






Here is a creative note Paige left for me one night:
We're keeping busy with life!
By the end of the day I usually end up like this:
lying on the floor surrounded by my brood.

6 comments:

  1. I love it ALL! It cracks me up, especially the kids and their money making skills!! I loved doing that! ANd those pics of Charlie remind me of Wes! Especially the one with his nose smashed in the corner! And soccer and tulips oh looks so fun, they are all too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you are keeping busy! we used to do neighborhood shows like that! i love that they are doing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i lived in your circle I would've been first in line to see that dance. Ya know...I think I just might bring that up while I'm visiting in September. :)
    Charlie still makes me laugh out loud. I love his sleeping positions. ESPECIALLY the one with the dress one. I'm gonna go show that to Jonathon right now so he will feel better about Lyndon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah, and hello skinny minnie on the floor with your four kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, you are productive with your little ones. I sure became homesick when I saw your skiing picture. We use to go skiing all the time including when we moved to St. George and skied Brian Head. I miss being a young mom doing all the fun things like you are doing. The only thing I can't remember is the kids selling stuff! Keep up the money making skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the napping pics and that carrot cake looks so good. You seem to be having an exciting summer... Is it summer yet?

    ReplyDelete