Monday, April 12, 2010

MUSE



The stars all aligned and I was able to go to the Muse concert with Jon and a bunch of other friends. This was Jon's 5th time, my first. If there is one passion in his life, it is MUSE. I have to admit, they are pretty incredible! I've been listening to their album on my runs lately and it so rocks.

Anyway, I wasn't sure I would be able to go until the last minute, the night before. We have a hard time finding a babysitter. It was on a school night and I can't leave Meg for very long because that stubborn little cutie will ONLY nurse! (more on that to come in another post...) Ben's girlfriend. Sara ended up doing it and she was awesome!! Thanks SOOO much!






I had to go late, missing the opening band, which was OK with me except that Jon went at 2 in the afternoon to wait in line so he could be front row! So I was going to have to fight the wild crowd to find him, and everyone else.




It took me about an hour and a half to get there when it normally takes about 1/2 hour because the traffic was so crazy! PLUS, a blizzard started as I was driving. I had to park about a mile away and run in the blizzard with only a light jacket!



I had missed the first 2 songs, which were my favorites, and then it was time to push my way up!! I was so brave, and bold. This is a hard thing for me to do. Jon said I wouldn't be able to and told me to just stand in the back. (nice.) But, then there was my sister Annie! I made it about 2/3 the way up and then she came for me!! She grabbed my hand and we marched up to where everyone was!! YEAH!!! "That's what sisters do!" she said.
Here is a little video clip:




Jon got in 2 fights with the same skinny little Utah County dweeb trying to show off for his girlfriend and act tough and cool, clearly he was neither. Just adds to the adrenaline of the rock concert experience, I guess. And the best part is...besides literally being on the front row against the bar, Jon caught a pick! It was a fun night!

1 comment: