Tuesday, July 29, 2008

INTERVENTION

I need an intervention for the gripping reality show on A&E called Intervention! Anyone else watch this show? If you don't you are missing out! It comes on Monday nights at 10, I think the reruns are at 9. We have our DVR set to record the whole series. I cry pretty regularly watching this show. I just want to reach into the TV and hug these lost souls and fix all the hurt and pain that fuels their addictions. Oh, it's so heartbreaking! Here is a link to a video so you can see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bTfl0_lmQM&feature=related

If I'm being honest I also have to admit that part of my motivation for watching is one of the interventionists, Ken Seeley. They are all good, Jeff, Kathy, love you too. But there is something about Ken. Maybe it's the co-dependence in me being influenced by the former meth addict in him. Or the fact that he always has some profound, honest, blunt thing to say that makes you stop and think.

The best part of the show is when the happy-go-lucky music starts playing and "3 Months Later" flashes across the screen. You get to see how changed they and their families have become and it is JOYOUS! (Sometimes it's not...) I only wish they did more follow-up shows maybe 1 or 2 years down the road.

So, get your Tevos set up and enjoy! Keep in mind, viewer discretion is advised! Jon has to cover his eyes if they show any vomiting and he cringes when they do a close up of someone shooting up. Zowie!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I hope its okay I am reading your blog I got the link of of facebook. It looks like you had a fun 24th, I cant believe how big the girls and Charlie are getting. We really dont see each other enough! If you want to check out my blog it is saundeers.blogspot.com

    PS- I like intervention too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am setting the DVR. This sounds like just the kind of shows I like.

    ReplyDelete