Thursday, March 12, 2009

10 years!

Exactly 10 years ago today at about this time, I was emerging from the Idaho Falls temple hand in hand with my new husband as a married couple, sealed forever! It was a day like today, there was a little snow on the ground but the sun was shining. It was a little chilly but bearable.

As I sit here I think of myself that day as a young new bride. What I had planned, where I thought I was headed, what I expected life to become. Then I think of how things have unfolded. Certainly, we've been thrown some curve balls that we could never have expected. Like everyone, we've endured trials and still do. Sometimes life has been chilly with a little snow.

But on the other hand, the sun is always shining making it bearable! I am so blessed! I have 3 almost 4 beautiful, healthy, smart, dynamic children that I could've only hoped for but never imagined! Jon has always been able to work hard and provide for us so that I can stay home and raise these gems! I live in a fantastic corner of the world in a warm, lovely home. I am surrounded by dear and loyal friends, loving in-laws, and an amazing extended family.

Ten years ago I started down a path, although sometimes bumpy , that brought me here. And because of that, I wouldn't change a thing!

Here's a look back.
This is a cruise we took with a big group of friends in college while we were dating.
Here is one from our wedding day. Actually it was the next day at our 2nd reception in Utah. Looking back I would NOT have had 2 receptions!
This is when Paige was 6 weeks old. The first baby was the hardest adjustment for me, but the joy was unimaginable. Becoming a mom was my life-long dream come true!
Haily is 10 months old here. She and Paige are 19 months apart so they are the best of friends and the worst enemies! Hopefully it will shift more to friendship as they grow. This was on a trip to Hawaii with my family in April of '04. I miss Hawaii!
Here we are in Idaho Falls for the 4th of July! This is the best place to be on the 4th!
This is on the front porch of a house that we designed and built. We loved that house and still miss it. Jon has a love and fascination with the building process and has had some great opportunities with it over the years. Hopefully he will have the chance to do it again.
This is a family picture taken in St. George while we were there for Thanksgiving in '05.

Here is the day we brought Charlie home from the hospital. It was fun to have a boy.
Here we are in Idaho visiting my Great Grandparents.
We love Disneyland! I had never been until after I got married and now I've been 4 times! This time was a trip with my family in March of '08.
This is at the finish of the Top of Utah Marathon in Logan. My cute family brought me to tears as I crossed. It was amazing.
Halloween '08. Party at a friend's house. Dressed as "Twitchington" from so you think you can dance.
Us after the Coldplay concert Nov. of '08. Music is one of Jon's passions and he really enjoys concerts.
We took the family to the Draper Temple open house in January this year. It was so beautiful and a great time to teach the children about eternal families, which is the reason for the temple.
So, today after 10 years, I celebrate the priceless memories we have created as a couple. I celebrate the trials we have overcome, and still are working through, because of the things we have learned and the way they have molded us as individuals and a family. I celebrate the fact that we get to continue this journey together for a long time to come, eternity in fact. And that even if one of us died tomorrow it would only be a brief separation until we would be reunited and continue on our way.

We're off to a great start. It's been difficult and thrilling at the same time. And look how far we've come!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Aniversary!I can't believe how fast time goes. When Chad & I got married you guys had been married just 5 yrs. I remember thinking that was a long time. Now Chad & I have been married 5 and your on to 10. Congratulations, you guys have accomplished alot together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those were really fun pictures! I must agree that Idaho Falls is the BEST place to be on the fourth of July! I am glad someone else appreciates it.Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Congratulations on 10 years! I still remember going to your wedding reception, you were such a beautiful bride. I also remember going to your shower for Paige, time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot believe it's been 10 years. It seems like yesterday that the "cable guys" came to our Valley View apartment. Who knew you'd end up marrying one of them! Congrats! I sure love the 2 of you. I know we'll see eachother soon. Hope all is well and I'll talk to you soon.
    Love ya,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures were great. You are a beautiful person and great Mom. I bet you couldn't picture the family of 6 you will soon have 10 years ago. It is amazing to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow~ isn't life amazing? And it flies by so fast too. Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete