Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring?

This is April:
Yuck! It's cold, blustery, frozen, windy...WINTERY!
The week before, it was so lovely we got our garden ready to plant and spent the whole day outside. The girls even held their first lemonade stand of the season. And I had to slather them with sunscreen! I myself got a little burn on my arms.
I guess Mother Nature is a bit irritable with some dynamic MOOD SWINGS! But I can't blame her, she is about to give birth to a whole new earth, after all. All the colorful buds and greenery are weeks away from bursting out! I can't wait!
I've never longed for Spring as much as I do now. I want to plant my vegetable seeds and flowers. I want to feel the warmth of the sun on my face. I want to go on a walk outside and let my kids ride their bikes and scooters for hours on end. I want to go to the park for a picnic. I am so tired of being cooped up! OH I love Spring! Especially after a long, cold, isolating winter.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there is a better time to come and visit. Can I lure you with our warm breezes, sunny lazy afternnons and green grass? Hurry it up.

    ReplyDelete