Monday, April 20, 2009

Poll results and weekend in Vegas

Many of you have already heard the results of the ultrasound, but in case you haven't....
It's a girl!! My thoughts? Well, I always suspected it was a girl. However, if it had been a boy I would not have been shocked. In fact, the ultrasound tech said she was only 90% sure so my doctor will have to take a peek at my next appointment to confirm it. All my kids wanted it to be a girl, even Charlie! Jon was certain it was a boy so it took him a good 24 hours to adjust and get excited about it. Now he's thinking we should try once more for a boy. Ummm, not a good time to discuss that idea!
A lot of people have said how Charlie needs a brother. I used to agree until this little conversation I had with him a couple weeks ago.
C: "I'm a girl."
Me: "No, you're a boy."
C: (more insistent) "I'm a GIRL!"
Me: "Well then who will be my little boy?"
C: (pensive) " That baby will." (pointing to my belly)
So, hopefully now he will feel the responsibility to take on the role of the son! Love him!

After the ultrasound, Jon and I headed out to St. George. We stayed there for one night and the next day drove into Vegas. I was really looking forward to a little getaway in the sun to relax and have fun! That night we went to a Killers concert at the Joint at the Hard Rock. It was a brand new place..The Killers were the first show! We had great seats. I've never had GA tickets before at a crowded, semi-rowdy concert like this. I was a little nervous about my safety and was prepared to brace myself against my brother-in-law Chad who was in front of me. Although it was super crowded and tight, and hard for the vertically challenged to breathe, it wasn't too bad. I did, however, get a cup of beer spilled down my head. And strangely, this is not the first time this has happened to me. (Graduation cruise with girlfriends, chronically drunk man we nicknamed Struggles.) Maybe it was the adrenaline, my vacation personality, or the effects of the "botanical" fumes in the air but for whatever reason, the spill didn't bother me. Here are some pictures and video footage.
Such a good lookin fellow.
I swear at some point we made eye contact.
Playing the piano.
So theatrical, fun to watch!
Chad's friend, Wade, (who vowed not to let anything happen to me if things got crazy and thus became my bodyguard) caught the drumstick they threw out after the encore.
He even let me pose for a picture with it. Keep in mind this is me 5 months pregnant, with beer in my hair, after having rocked out in a sauna for 4 hours.
This is not zoomed in, so you can see we had maybe 8-10 people in front of us.



The next day we had a delicious breakfast with our friends the Paxtons and then spent the day basking in the sun at the pool. I never really enjoyed laying out until after I had kids and could really appreciate the luxury of laying there without interruptions or pressing responsibilities.
Whitney is pregnant with her 4th child too and we are due 3 days apart! We love these guys!
That night after dinner we got the endorphins flowing with a great dose of laughter at the Ray Romano and Kevin James show.
It was so funny! I'm a huge fan of them both and they did not disappoint. Sometimes it just feels so good to laugh and laugh and LAUGH!!

The next morning we headed home. It was a fantastic and much needed break. My sister Annie was kind enough to take care of the kids while we were away. They had a blast with her! She does a great job and we are infinitely appreciative.

Now, it's back to life, chores, responsibilities. I love Vegas because it's a true escape from life. MY life anyway. Las Vegas is a great representation of the opposite of my life. It's nice to have the contrast once in a while. I really do appreciate what I have even more. The place where I live, the people I live near, my kids, my family and home life.

Time to plan the next getaway...

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding out its a girl! :) It looks like you had a great time in Vegas, I am totally jealous! You look so good in those pictures, I cant even tell you are pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say something sarcastic but it came out sounding really stupid, so I'll just say congrats on having a girl and remember that Nelson was a girl with "99% certainty" all the way up to delivery. See you Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another askerlund girl. The world just keeps getting better and better. I'm not too worried for Charlie. Byron has 3 sisters and I think he's a better person because of it. If I had a son like Byron, I'd be very happy. Well, except for the not going to church and a few other things...but you know what I mean! :)

    Vegas looks like it was so GREAT!! I'm jealous. I want to get away. You know my thoughts on the beer spillage---it could only happen to you. And if it took a little "second hand smoke" to make you not even care...so be it.

    and last but no least...you look amazing!! i seriously can't believe you are 5 months pregnant. it's sickening, really.

    Love you girl...still waiting to hear when you're gonna come out to Texas for some R&R! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys had so much fun! Next time...I am coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How in the world did I miss this post??? Congrats on another girl! That is so awesome.

    What a fun weekend in Vegas. I would love to see the Killer's and yes, he is nice to look at. It looks like you guys had a blast. You deserve it!!! It makes me want to take a trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun getaway, I love vegas-always something to do!

    ReplyDelete