Monday, September 29, 2008

While you were out


Jon went camping for the weekend and I decided to surprise him by taking on a long overdue project; organizing his office. I thought while I was at it, I might as well paint and get a new organizational wall unit. I first must include this disclaimer; Jon is a very hardworking and driven man. He owns his own business which he started from scratch and runs all on his own. There are many nights he works into the wee hours of the morning in order to keep clients satisfied, to keep the work coming in, to keep the bills paid, so that I can stay at home and be a mom full time. The past year has been a hectic and crazy one for him leaving him less time, or concern really, for keeping things in order. He deserves the most warm, inviting, comfortable, tidy environment in which to work.



My sister Annie came and spent the day with me on Friday. We painted and put together the wall unit we got at IKEA. Then we began the process of putting things where they belong. It was a long and arduous task but the results were well worth it.




(This would be the place where I would insert a before picture if it wouldn't totally embarrass my husband!)




But here are the afters:
I wish I could've seen his face when he first walked in but he got home very late and I was sleeping. It was a fun surprise though and it sure feels better in that room. I even want to spend some time in there!



5 comments:

  1. WOW! You totally inspired me, I just got done organizing Eric's desk. I love the wall color, you did a great job. My mom's wedding was nice. Very simple and small, just what she wanted. I have some pictures that I will get posted in the next couple of days, or maybe tonight if I have time. Looks like the circus was fun too, I have actaully never been is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great? Will it stay that way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! I bet he loves it. You have some motivation girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet wifey you are. You and Annie did such a great job. I looks so good.

    ReplyDelete