Monday, September 15, 2008

Charlie is 2!

My baby boy turned 2! Oh Charlie, you are growing too fast! We invited family over to celebrate with us and enjoy some cake and ice cream. All the girls were very eager to help him with the unwrapping.












I think he thoroughly enjoyed his cake...















and the markers he was given as a gift. (which, by the way, are NOT washable!)













Papa Mark got all battle-emblazoned and decided to take care of our HUGE hornets nest. This is the 2 boys and Grandma watching behind the safety of the glass.











And here are the rest of the kids watching. You can see Mark's reflection in the window.

This obviously was the highlight of the party.












Here are some funny stories in honor of Prince Charlie's first 2 years of life.

He has a rash on his trunk that sometimes looks like bug bites. He calls them his owies. One day he came in the bathroom while I was showering and pointed to my boobs and said, "What's that Mom? Mommie's owies?" Well, I know they look similar in color and size but there are actually what nourished you for the first 12 months of your life so let's have some respect for what's left of my tattered and shriveled femininity!

The other day he wondered into my bathroom and came out with a certain feminine product. He brought it to me and said, "Open it Momma. Candy." Uhh, not quite.

His trademark for anyone who knows him is his usual attire, a dress. The dress has to be long enough to skim his toes. The more pink, sparkly, glittery, and frilly the better. He also loves Barbies, Polly Pockets, and he is our house's biggest Hannah Montana fan. (That is saying a lot with 2 young girls in the house!) He can name all the Princesses by their picture or their song.

Charlie loves to squeal and dance and run. He loves shoes, not his own, but anyone else's.

On the first day of school for the girls he had to wear his own backpack to the bus stop and he waved goodbye to me and headed off to the bus.
He is going through the "broken record" stage right now. He repeats the same phrase over and over and OVER again. He mimics everything you say, especially during prayers even when it's not his turn to say it.

Charlie loves to give hugs and kisses. He loves to laugh and loves to make people laugh. He is such a good little boy and life would be so much less joyful without him.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Charlie! I cant believe he is already 2 years old!! He is such a cute little boy. I love how he can name the princesses by their picture or song. lol! You and Jon seriously have the cutest kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Prince Charlie. You are so stinkin cute in your princess dress (remember Jon, the Supper Nanny says it is okay):)Love the high school dance pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Charlie. Even though we've only met very few times he has a way of pulling people in and making them happy. What a gem you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! The birthday parties I through are never so exciting. What great entertainment!

    As for the "mommy's owies"(so funny, I laughed out loud!), mine are OWIES right now! Do these kids appreciate what we go through?? I heard that you are smaller after nursing. How can I get any smaller than I was?!! I'll be indented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will have to have charlie over for some boy time. Maddox could use some. Maddox loves all the same things but I would need to add lipgloss to the list. How can they help it with 2 older sisters?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also meant to tell you I had one of your same dance dresses!!!! I thought it was so beautiful at the time. Maybe we could resurect them sometime. Like a ward valentine dance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe he is 2! HE is one cute kid!

    ReplyDelete