Friday, September 17, 2010

Grassroots Music Night






I've had an idea for a few months now to host a concert in my backyard. Jon and I are big fans of live music and I always love to throw a party! I started asking around the people I know who are musically inclined and we ended up with a great little program! We decided to call it Grassroots Music Blend since the performers were amateurs among us! Here were the performers:

This is my sister, Annie:

She is a totally talented singer with really cool taste in music! She plays the ukulele too. It's so relaxing to listen to. She played some covers, like Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and then did a few songs that she wrote herself. It was awesome!

This is our friend Daren:

and his brother, Jared:


They are in a band but performed just the two of them at Grassroots. I have very fond memories of Daren playing guitar and all of us singing Blackbird back in the glory days of Utah State! They played stuff they wrote and it was so impressive!

These are my cousins, Jade and Jaron:


They are so rad. They played a bit of Journey, Muse, and some others too. I don't know why I got such a sparse endowment of musical talent when the rest of my family was doused in it! Anyway, the crowd loved these guys!

This is my friend and neighbor, Aubrey:and her sister, Janessa:


They did some numbers solo and some duet. My favorite was Maybe by Ingred Michaelson. Both are so talented and easy to listen to!

Some pictures from the night:








We had such a great time! I'm so lucky to be surrounded by so many talented people who are willing to share their talents! We've decided to make this an annual event! So, look for details next summer because you're all invited!

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and Jon are just about the coolest couple I know! How fun to host your own music festival. So creative. I wish I we were your neighbors...for more reasons than one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea you made a reality. We want to come next year. Way to have all that talent in your family. I can't imagine our family doing a musical show, maybe a comedy?

    ReplyDelete