Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mapleton Moonlight Half Marathon


SOLO.

FORECAST: MINI MONSOON. Poncho packed.

RAINBOW!! DOUBLE RAINBOW. good omen.





Chat with old friend in minivan.

Watermelon SportsBeans.


"Solo" on the loud speaker. GOOD OMEN.


9:30 pm. go!

DARK. pitch black. eyes playing tricks on me.

LIT UP!





Perfect weather.

Loud cricket chirping.

Runnin, runnin, and runnin runnin.

More Sportsbeans.

Not enough water.

Out of the canyon. Mountain silhouette. Beautiful.

Run/walk last 3 miles.

Fireworks!

Finish line!

Little Caesar's. Magelby's chocolate cake. Water.

Too much water. Nauseous.

HURT. Legs, hips, ribs, knees, feet.

Campfires.

Drive home.

MEGA ibuprofen. Shower. Bed.

2 comments:

  1. you look awesome all lit up! i think you are so cool for being a runner! i can't do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy: I love your new look to your blog. I need to find me something I am happy with, but for now a white background suits me.

    I use to run with some of my ward family 10K's all the time when my kids were little, so I know how much fun you must be having! You look like a christmas tree (all dressed in sparkly lights).

    I can't imagine how you must hurt after a race, but how rewarding to be surrounded by family, friends, and the yummies after the run.

    ReplyDelete